A New Lease of Life for Former Scottish Church
Reid Hall in Forfar, Scotland was founded as a community hall in 1869 and its construction was paid for by Peter Reid Junior. It was used mainly for religious services in the 19th and 20th centuries. It suffered a devastating fire in 1941 and was extensively rebuilt after the Second World War.
Today the Hall is used as a community venue holding a wide variety of events, shows and exhibitions. It is run by Angus Council and about a year ago it underwent extensive alterations and refurbishments to improve the accessibility and usability and to make sure that it is a venue that will be used for many, many more years to come.
A refurbishment of the existing dressing rooms, changing areas, the orchestra pit and stage received modifications to bring it all in line with current fire regulations. The complete refurbishment extended to the bar, reception, kitchen and toilet areas making the whole building more functional and inviting to its visitors.
To complete to improvements LEDsynergy was commissioned to manufacture and install two external LED electronic advertising screens to either side of the building to help promote and advertise forthcoming events at the Hall.
Ledsynergy installed two screens mounted on powder coated steel poles, each screen measured some 3.3 by 1.1 metres with a 16mm pitch and a resolution of 200 x 64 pixels. A cost effective solution by retaining the ability to show not only text but pictorial content. The Screens are linked to Angus Council network through our bespoke software, allowing the signs to be controlled completely remotely.